I struggled with the topic for today’s post and tip for success. Writing works like that for me. Sometimes it’s a challenge to keep pace with the ideas flowing out of my brain and then there are those days when I peer into my memory bank and it seems like there’s absolutely nothing there. So, I did a search on the internet for ideas about how to bust through writer’s block and I came across the suggestion that I write about pineapples or absolutely anything that comes to mind. It did the trick! The second I typed “Pineapples” in the title for this piece, my mind shifted from “I don’t know what to write about today” to “type as fast as you can because now you have a gazillion things you want to share!!”
How can this pineapple blog and pineapples help you live the life you truly want to live?
1. Get help when you’re stuck in an “I don’t know…..”
2. Change your point of focus. If you’ve got an “I don’t know….” going on, pick an object, any object and ask yourself — “how does this relate (or not) to where I’m stuck and what I might do differently?”
3. Take action. Notice when the situation becomes painful or uncomfortable, because that’s DEFINITELY motivation to make a change. I thought about what would happen if I sat on a pineapple.
4. If #3 didn’t work, try something else! Have you ever cut open a pineapple you thought would be PERFECT and it wasn’t ripe? YUK! Time to go get another one.
5. Sweet success when that delicious, sugary treat makes your taste buds squeal with delight. Also what happens when your actions yield the result that you are looking for.
TODAY’S TIP: Enjoy a delightful piece of fresh fruit, figure out what “I don’t know…” is keeping you from living the life you truly want, and do something to move you over, under, around or through it. Have a great day!