I’ve had a few folks ask me this at various gatherings recently. If you’re in the coaching profession, you’re encouraged to put together a 30 second ‘elevator pitch’ so it just takes a moment to convey to folks what it is you do. A wonderful friend, mentor and coach, Darla Powell Phillips, helped me encapsulate what I do in one sentence:
I help people change their “I don’t knows…..” to “LET’S GET STARTED!”
Here are some examples:
- I want to grow my business, but I just don’t know where to start.
- I have no problem making money, I just don’t know how to quit spending everything that comes in.
- I’ve written a book and I want to get it out to the world, but I don’t know how to make that happen.
- I’d love to have a better relationship with my husband, but I don’t know what I can do to bring us closer together.
- I’m sick of being dumped on at work, but I don’t know how to stand up for myself without making my supervisor angry and I don’t want to lose my job.
- I’m tired of the money drama in my life, worrying about paying the bills and whether my credit cards will go through when I’m buying something, but I don’t know how to change things for the better.
- I’d love to start a new business venture, but the list of things to do is so overwhelming, I don’t know what to do first.
- I feel like there’s more to life, but I don’t know how to get what I really want so I just keep going through the motions day after day.
Did you see yourself or someone you know in those statements? If so, contact me. I’d like to talk with you about your “I don’t know…” so you, too, can make the shift to “LET’S GET STARTED!”
TODAY’S TIP: Identify one place in your life – health, relationships, work, money, spirituality – where you know you’d like to make an improvement or a change for the better and find someone to support you so you can get started! Enjoy your day!